In order to monitor and evaluate the quality of the Project and its results, an interdisciplinary team has been selected to create a Control Quality Committe, comprised of the experts in charge of the design of an Evaluation Plan. This team is also expert in organization, management, and quality, since they are the experts of their entities in charge of the quality, certification, and validation systems of the processes and training they provide (management, quality, and prevention technicians, and/or with postgraduate training in business management, with a high English level). These experts will allow us to implement the total quality system and conduct a continuous improvement, as well as to validate and certify the Project’s results. Each entity will provide an expert to the Team, who will be in charge of coordinating its implementation in his/her entity and in the processes developed, and of reporting to the Team in charge of the entire Project.
These experts will also put their knowledge, resources, and tools at the disposal of the team, to be adapted to the characteristics of this Project and be implemented by all the participating entities. This Team has been in charge of creating the Evaluation Plan, which defines the measures, actions, and tools necessary to ensure the quality the tasks, activities, and results defined in this Project.
Special attention has been given to the Project’s results, in order to properly monitor both tangible and intangible ones (learning, acquired skills, organizational methods, etc.), specifically to the two Intellectual Outputs to be developed:
- OUTPUT O1: “VIRTUAL TRAINING COURSE FOR TEACHERS AND EARLY EDUCATION CENTERS FOR THE INCLUSION OF STUDENTS WITH VISUAL IMPAIRMENT IN THEIR CLASSROOMS”.
- OUTPUT O2: “ORIGINAL ICT TOOL FOR THE INCLUSION OF STUDENTS WITH VISUAL IMPAIRMENT IN THE CLASSROOMS”.
The entire Project will be subject to a process of continuous improvement (Quality Cycle), so it will be reviewed, evaluated, corrected, and improved throughout its lifespan.
Each entity will also be in charge of a specific part of the evaluation and improvement of the results, according to their field of experience. Thus, the organizations of people with Albinism will be in charge of ensuring that the quality of the materials is adequate and can be used by students with Albinism and trainers to work for the inclusion of these students; and organizations of people with Aniridia will have a similar role but in their field of expertise. The entities with experience in the design of educational materials, Smallcodes in this case, will be in charge of evaluating the global aspects of the Intellectual Outputs such as their design, content, appeal, etc.
Our Quality Plan includes the following elements: the requirements to carry it out, the expected content, work orders, profile of leading members, agreements on its quality, on verification and validation methods, provisions for quality conflict solving (who, how, when), plus evaluation, inspection, and validation plans and their registry.
In order to ensure quality, we will stick to the following basic principles:
- Focusing on the beneficiaries: the orientation of the organization on producing results that meet the training needs of the beneficiaries.
- A continuous improvement and strategic planning in the organization and each of its parts, where everything is subject to a planning-execution-evaluation cycle.
- Participation: the active promotion of the participation of the staff and the beneficiaries. We will promote the management aimed at leadership, teamwork, the promotion of group techniques, internal communication, and staff training.
- Process management: it is necessary to systemize, describe, analyze, simplify and create manuals for specific procedures.
- Organizational structures: an organizational chart of the leaders of all teams will be created to reflect their interrelation and interdependence.
- Evaluation with indicators: the indicators of process, impact, effect, and compliance will be combined with those related to user perception and satisfaction among others.
This evaluation system will not only assure the best quality results, but will also establish the quality standards in the participating entities, strengthening, qualifying, and setting the quality values in all their future national and international projects.